Established automotive manufacturing organisation seeks APQP Engineer to deliver a divisional resource responsible for ensuring the flawless execution of NPI launches and process change. Responsible for managing the development of quality activities and obtaining reliable products on time with the required quality, manufactured with capable means and processes, using validated suppliers to meet the customer internal requirements and deadlines.
APQP Engineer role is offered as a permanent contract with competitive salary, affording a new challenge to a dedicated Quality professional. Successful candidates for the role of APQP Engineer should possess:
- Practical experience of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Practical experience in use of problem-solving tools such as 8D reporting and six sigma
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including process documentation.
- Ability to travel to client’s site as necessary
- Degree in Engineering or other technical field beneficial but not essential.
- Background in quality and previous Automotive industry APQP Engineer experience advantageous
- Knowledge of ISO/IATF 16949 with proven auditing experience to this standard ideal.
APQP Engineer duties will include:
- Be the voice of quality in the project team
- Single point of contact for AQP activities for specific project
- Identify and communicate customer specific requirements to project team
- Responsible for programme Quality KPI according to company and customer specific requirements (APQP, Phased PPAP)
- Define the project quality plan
- Define the AQP communication plan with customer and establish a formal communication with the Process AQP
- Co-ordinate AQP activities for the project in accordance with the Quality and communications plans
- Assure the timely validation of the product and process through regular visit in plant, process release and manufacturing process audit.
- Coordinate all Project Quality related customer visits.
- Assure adequate support to the customer and to the plant in case of engineering changes and rework activities in preproduction phase
- Coordinate, with process AQP, all Product Part Certification activities (PSW 1,2 3)
- Participate in project risk analysis
- Actively participate in problem solving process
- Coordinate company Quality Operating system and perform internal audits to ensure compliance
If you are an experienced APQP Engineer seeking a new challenge or next step in career, then please Apply Today!
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
Hours of Work: Mon to Thus 7 am – 4 pm, Fri 7 am to 12 noon
Salary: £33,000 p.a. to £35,000 p.a. dependent upon experience