World leading manufacturer of construction and utility equipment seeks an organised, pro-active individual to join their team as an Assistant Accountant. Primary function as Assistant Accountant would be to ensure key control accounts are reconciled in line with month end deadlines and in compliance with relevant rules and regulation, supporting production of accurate and timely reporting within the finance function.
Assistant Accountant include:
- Maintain and review key control accounts, working with departments to identify and correct discrepancies
- Produce monthly financial reports for management, key stakeholders and National Statistics Office
- Control the fixed asset register, including additions, disposals and depreciation
- Carry out quarterly and yearly fixed asset checks
- Support the Purchase Ledger team in busy periods which may include
- Maintaining supplier details on the ERP system to ensure accurate data and checks are compliant with company rules
- Processing invoices and ad hoc payment runs by Bacs and Bankline.
- Reconciliation of company bank accounts
- Support the department with the audit process
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as required to ensure the efficient running of the department.
Skills and Experience required for an Assistant Accountant:
- AAT qualified – essential
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Accounts Department – essential
- Ability to work alone and within a team to meet tight deadlines
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Flexible outlook to working hours when required (month end process)
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday
Salary: Up to £28,000
Benefits: Pension scheme, up to 27 days holiday linked to service, Christmas shut down, Flexible working, On the job training, Mentoring program with Senior Managers and Life Assurance / Death in service benefit.
If you have the skills and experience to fulfil the role of an Assistant Accountant, please APPLY TODAY!