Apprenticeship served, experienced CNC Grinder required to join specialist seals and bearing manufacturing organisation, based in Redditch. Offered as a permanent contract with competitive salary circa £28,000 p.a. plus company benefits (Generous annual leave entitlement, free onsite parking, cycle to work scheme, pension with employer matched contribution of up to 7%) and comfortable working environment.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, as CNC Grinder, you would be required to work rotation shifts of 6 am to 2 pm and 2 pm to 10 pm (earlier finishes Friday). Duties to include:
- Setting machines in accordance with H&S regulations and the process control plan
- CNC grinding, operating, setting, and programming.
- Interpreting component drawings to determine specifications
- Using measuring equipment to ensure components meet specification.
- Monitoring equipment spares and consumables, replenishing stock when required
- Responsible for championing 6S and developing a culture of lean
- Performing & developing PM & TPM activities to ensure continuous operation of machines, monitoring the condition of machine parts, replacing when required
- To develop ways of working to reduce waste and improve efficiency
- Liaising with the QEHS & CI Leader to ensure quality standards are being achieved
Skills and Experience required for CNC Grinder role:
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- A Yellow Belt qualification
- Fanuc control programming in ISO G code
- Able to use a CMM and shadowgraphs for inspection
Be confident and experienced in working with:
- CNC machining Turning or Grinding
- Surface grinding
- Cylindrical grinding
- ISO programming G codes
- This is a hands-on job requiring engineering skill levels to craft level or similar/higher
- Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Able to confidently work to engineering drawings
If you are flexible, proactive, able to work to targets and deadlines, possess integrity and a willingness to learn new ideas and seeking a new challenge, please APPLY TODAY!