CNC Programmer – Operator
There is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled CNC Programme – Operator, looking to work for a well-established automotive manufacturing company based in Redditch. This company prides itself on supporting its engineers and encourages strong team work.
The role of CNC Programmer/Operator requires you to produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintain quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Programmer/Operator duties will include:
- Plan machining by studying drawings.
- Program milling machines and eroder by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
*Other responsibilities that may be required: Tool splitting - Disassembly and reassembly of tools - Replacing component parts, dies, punches and springs - Tool regrinding
Skills/Attributes required by CNC Programmer/Operator:
- Previous experience within a similar role within the automotive industry (essential)
- Understanding of ISO 14001 and its contribution to the business to help to achieve objectives.
- Problem solving and tool improvement
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Be organised and have the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Be able to communicate effectively to own team and other departments
- Proven efficiency with working practices
Salary: £25,000 p.a. to £30,000 p.a. based on experience
Hours of Work: Mon to Thurs 7 am – 4 pm, Fri 7 am – 12 noon
Immediate Start Available – so please APPLY TODAY!