Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading global medical manufacturing organisation for an experienced, dedicated, Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Officer incorporating a Facilities Lead role also. Based in Bidford upon Avon, Warwickshire, offering excellent working conditions, attractive salary with benefits package and longevity of position, as EHS Compliance Officer, you would report directly to the Plant Director and be responsible for the development and effective implementation of all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures. The overall aim of the EHS Compliance Officer is to ensure that legal and contractual compliance of all HS&E requirements are met in all areas of the company’s business operations.
This is a fast paced ever developing role which demands a high standard of organisation and attention to detail, working to deadlines, proactive management and change management.
EHS Compliance Officer duties would include:
- Ensure compliance to ISO 14001, managing the appropriate systems to ensure the company’s successful certification.
- Promote and achieve cost saving objectives set by the company utilising waste reduction techniques.
- Participate and/or Lead Value Stream projects utilising lean initiatives.
- REACH - Administration of supplier information, upkeep of REACH database, annual renewal of supplier information.
- Inductions – For all new staff Induction to plant to include plant tour, outline of staff handbook, fire alarms and emergency response. Company HS&E policy. PPE GMP.
- To conduct Internal and External Audits to ensure compliance to ISO 14001.
- Responsible for investigating and reporting on accidents, COSHH and RIDDOR.
- Effective Management of Direct reports including prioritisation of projects, Deliverables & Education/Training needs to develop the department’s skills
- Management of the company’s Site Facilities function through Maintenance Engineers. To integrate them into the C.I. activities & develop those principles within the Facilities function.
- Deliver ‘World Class’ standards of Plant & Equipment availability & Year-on-Year cost reduction for MRO purchases inclusive of contract expenditures.
- Effective Management of all Maintenance/Plant Facilities records (PPM system) whilst delivering Environmental improvements & a reduction in utilities usage.
- Control of contractors i.e. cleaning, waste management, electrical / gas supply.
Successful candidates require the following:
- Previous experience within a similar role within a manufacturing environment (essential)
- NEBOSH/IOSH General Certificate
- Member of Environmental Body such as IEMA
- Experience in Change Management
- Expert knowledge of ISO 14001
- ISO 9001 AND/OR ISO 13485 awareness
- Experience of management of external and internal audit plans
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Pro-active, hands-on approach
- Computer literate
- Flexibility to work at additional company sites
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Salary: circa £40,000 p.a. plus company benefits
If you believe you would be an ideal candidate for the role of EHS Compliance Officer and are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then please APPLY TODAY!