General Operative required to join a very busy, fast paced metal manufacturing organisation based in Hereford. Working in the Air Melting Department this role would involve setting up Moulds, Durville Receivers, Uphill Bases and Top Cast Set Ups.
A background in heavy industry would be advantageous and Fork Lift or Crane Licences would be desirable but not essential. If you have experience in manufacturing, a can do attitude, the ability to work to high standards under pressure and are seeking a long term prospect, this could be the role for you!
General Operative duties would include:
- Visually inspect moulds, ensuring they are clean and free from major defects
- Fit ceramic fibre/refractory heads
- Preheat moulds to procedures and set on to casting position
- Make up joint, light gas on Durville machines and positon/remove covers as required
- Add vermiculite/casting/anti-piping compounds
- Take samples during casting
- Remove excess refractory from ingots using sledge hammer to remove skulls and collars
- Clean out uphill casting bases
- Load ingots on to stillage’s weighs and identifies
- Attend during casting operation
- Operate arc cutter to remove skulls
Hours of work: Variable shifts available – Rotation, Days and Continentals
Pay Rate: Starting £11.50 per hour plus, dependent upon shift allocation
Immediate start available – so please APPLY TODAY!