Well established automotive manufacturer seeks an experienced Operations Manager to join their busy team, to be responsible for Materials, Planning & Logistics department. As Operations Manager, you will oversee the production process, co-ordinating all production activities and operations with involvement in planning as well as production control and supervision, dealing with people and resource management.
Offered as a permanent contract with competitive salary and immediate start available. Successful candidate for the position of Operations Manager must be degree educated within an engineering discipline or be qualified by previous experience within the automotive industry and possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Operations Manager duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing smooth running of the Materials, Planning & Logistics department and production processes
- Execute, daily, weekly monthly and annual production schedules
- Procuring factory production equipment and taking responsibility for its maintenance
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across the shop floor
- Monitor productivity rates, standards, and quality control
- Review staff performance and identify training needs
- Supervise and motivate team
- Develop and lead continuous improvements in both shop floor and quality in conjunction with the Quality Manager
- Responsible for monitoring and improving OEE
- Implementation of 5s and identifying cost savings
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Implement safety, health, environment and quality requirements
- Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports for both managers and customers (KPI’s)
Skills/attributes required by successful candidate for the role of Operations Manager:
- An engineering degree or equivalent or qualified by experience
- Pressing experience desirable
- Good understanding of manufacturing KPI’s
- Leadership and management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow up skills
- Competent at problem solving, team building, planning.
- Strong decision making skills and a results driven approach
Hours of Work: Mon – Thurs 7 am to 4 pm, Fri 7 am – 12 noon
Salary: circa £45,000 p.a. - £55,000 p.a. dependent upon experience
If you have the skills required to fulfil the role of Operations Manager, please APPLY TODAY!