Progressive manufacturing organisation (est. 1979) requires an experienced Projects Engineer to be responsible for the engineering design of new products and managing their development from concept phase to production launch. Supplying an expanding UK and international client base with a wide variety of advanced heat exchange and cooling products and systems for industrial, power generation and automotive applications, the organisation seeks a highly motivated Projects Engineer with an extensive design background (preferably heat exchangers), can do attitude and excellent communication skills. Offered as a permanent contract with market competitive salary and attractive working conditions, immediate start is available.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Projects Engineer will be responsible for:
- Complete product development lifecycle management from concept through development to production launch
- Developing and implementing new manufacturing technologies and improving current products and processes
- Thermal and mechanical design of various types of heat exchangers, including shell and tube, plate and bar and brazed plate type units
- Design verification against European Directives and International Standards including the Pressure Equipment Directive and ASME VIII Div. I and II
- 3D and 2D CAD design of products using PTC Creo 8
- Thermal design using in-house developed software
- Creation of products and structures within our ERP system, SAGE 1000
- Liaison with customers, suppliers, and all internal departments
- Visiting customer and supplier sites to investigate applications, progress projects and develop inter-company relationships
- Researching potential new heat exchanger applications
- Investigation of new and alternative materials and construction methods
Skills/Attributes required by successful candidate for the role of Projects Engineer:
- Previous experience as a Projects Engineer within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the design of heat exchangers, ideally to ASME VIII Div I & II would be an advantage. Experience of Sections UCD and UHX would be beneficial.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD, preferably PTC Creo. Experience with other software including Dassault Systѐmes SolidWorks or Autodesk Fusion 360 will be considered.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, ideally including MS Project
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- A can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- UK Driving licence
Hours of Work: Mon – Thurs 8.15 am to 5.00 pm, Fri 8.15 am to 2.15 pm
Salary: £35,000 p.a. to £42,000 p.a. dependent upon experience
If the role of Projects Engineer is for you, please APPLY TODAY!