Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Prestigious manufacturer of automotive lighting, requires an experienced Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join their busy, expanding team, to deliver Supplier Quality Milestones for New and Current Production Projects. Based in Redditch, this role is offered as a permanent contract with competitive salary and attractive company benefits. Previous experience within a similar role within automotive industry, managing Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers, would be beneficial.
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, as Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer, your duties would include:
- Supplier Management – Through Audits/Visits/Communications etc…
- Collation of the Supplier APQP and PPAP documents.
- Create and obtain approval for measurement gauge concept with Supplier.
- Buy-off fixtures and gauges from supplier.
- Ensure all fixtures and gauges are entered onto the Calibration system.
- Component buy-off at tool makers.
- Support development of FMEA's, Control Plans and internal documentation.
- Organising/Interpreting dimensional results for new products.
- Completing Internal Audits where required.
- Liaison with all support functions.
- Escalate issues that could potentially undermine the projects.
- Statistical analysis of measurements results from capability studies from Supply Base.
- Ensuring Quality milestones are achieved.
- Manage Non-Conformances for NCR or 8D’s.
- Interpersonal skill level capable of communicating at all levels.
- Communication and Presentations, directly with Suppliers and internal.
- Weekly updates in Project Meetings where required.
- In Plant Support when required.
Skills/Attributes required for the role of Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Previous automotive industry experience (Tier 1 and 2 Suppliers)
- Strong communication skills.
- Be able to work both independently and within a Team
- IT Literate.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible working approach.
- Ability to manage own time effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical and analytical.
- Professional attitude.
- Good time keeping.
Hours of Work: Mon to Thurs 8 am to 5 pm, Fri 8 am to 1 pm
Salary: £25,000 p.a. to £32,000 p.a. dependent upon experience
Immediate start available, so please APPLY TODAY!