Technical Sales Manager
An experienced Technical Sales Manager role is being offered by a well-established manufacturing organisation based in Redditch. As Technical Sales Manager, you'll be required to use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support. The successful candidate will need to be commercially aware; results driven and have a passion for building relationships and identifying new opportunities.
Key Skills and Experience required for Technical Sales Manager
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Task management
- Quality management
- Meeting management
- Business degree or related professional qualification.
- Previous experience in an external sales role within the industry.
- Previous experience managing KPI's – required
- Able to demonstrate an ability in sales through technical solutions – preferred
- Able to demonstrate a passion for high quality customer service - required
Duties of Technical Sales Manager:
- Responsible for planning, implementing and directing the sales activities of the company in a designated area to achieve sales objectives.
- Responsible for analysing a range of CAD data and information sent in from the customer
- Develop and Map out the manufacturing process
- Carry out technical and contractual review of tender enquiries and prepare the estimate in a logical and precise manner, following QA procedures ad utilising the computerised estimating package (CAD) along with Microsoft Word/Excel
- Obtain competitive quotations from Suppliers / Subcontractors for project estimates
- Continue to innovate and improve the sales processes within the business
- Provide technical support and advice to customers, and fault-finding.
- Pro-actively drive forward sales by regularly following up on quotes and seeking out new projects from existing accounts.
- Research new market opportunities and target new customers for maximising sales.
- Track, collate and interpret sales figures
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales revenue
- Generate timely sales reports
- Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis
- Develop promotional ideas and material.
- Attend trade meetings and industry conventions.
- Source products and negotiate with suppliers.
- Successfully negotiate with customers, using strong commercial acumen to convert quotes to orders and maximise the success of the business.
- Visit all customers as per the agreed plan.
- Must know and understand the business to provide technical support to customers
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
Hours of Work: Mon to Thurs 7.00 am to 4.00 pm, Fri 7.00 am to 12.00 noon
If you have the skills for this long term career offering exciting prospects, please apply immediately.