Equality and Diversity Policy
Smart 1 Recruitment is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. This applies not only to our internal recruitment but also the recruitment on behalf of our clients for all temporary and permanent workers.
The purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment, whether that be internally at Smart 1 or out on placement for one of our clients, and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, placement, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- To select temporary or permanent workers based on suitability for the position, and not to discriminate based on gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
This policy is fully supported by senior management and has been agreed with trade unions and/or employee representatives and will be monitored and reviewed annually.