Apprentice served experienced Electrical Engineer with excellent electrical skills required to join a fast paced team within a well-established Metals Manufacturing organisation, based in Hereford. Reporting directly to the Supervisor, your duties would include:
- Carry out fault diagnosis and provide rapid response to breakdown situations within the Maintained Areas
- Be pro-active and responsible in Fault Finding, Problem Solving
- Undertake Engineering Planned Maintenance activities within the Department.
- Ensure that all equipment within the allocated area are correctly serviced (planned maintenance routines), maintained and calibrated in conjunction with the current CMMS. (logging on and off and recording the work carried out)
- Electrical installation, lighting, earthing, site distribution systems, transformers, switchgear, Fuse and protection systems
- Ensure that safe working conditions are always maintained in conjunction with company 5’s and Risk Assessment policies
- Ensure efficient communication between you and your peers, including shift handovers if required and CMMS entries
- Assist with the improvement methods of reducing plant/infrastructure downtime and increasing plant efficiencies within the areas of responsibility, using modern improvement techniques/updates.
- Carry out Health and Safety improvements within the areas as directed by the Services/Maintenance Supervisor
- Ensure as part of the Team that standards of husbandry and housekeeping are of a high standard as specified within the 5’s audit process.
- Assist in the development and skills training of the Apprentices allocated to the Team.
- Be flexible within departments to assist others where extra Resource/Knowledge may be required.
Successful candidates for the role of Electrical Engineer would require the following:
- Minimum: BTEC Higher National Certificate in Electrical Engineering.
- 18th Edition (C&G2382-18) and Inspection and testing (C&G2391-52)
- Served a recognised apprenticeship
- Good motivational and self-motivational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High level of self-discipline.
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of area assigned plant, its manufacturing environment and good working practices.
- Must have a working knowledge of Plant and Equipment in their area with good fault finding skills and analysis.
- Understanding of HV and LV Systems
- Must be pro-active and receptive to change
- Understanding of Encoders and other field devices
- Understanding of motors and drives
Hours of Work: Various shift patterns available – Rotation, Days and Continentals
Salary: £45,000 p.a. to £50,000 p.a. dependent upon shift allocation and experience
Immediate starts available – please APPLY TODAY!