Family run leading CAD/CAM tooling solutions company, established 80 years, seeks a time served Engineering Patternmaker to construct patterns and moulds from metal, wood and composite materials from drawings/CAD data. Joining a long serving team who are passionate about providing a first-class service to their customers, as Engineering Patternmaker you would be responsible to maintenance of tools and equipment, whilst providing a personal, hands-on approach in each tool manufactured.
Successful candidate for the position of Engineering Patternmaker would possess experience in composites, woodworking and metalwork, be self-motivated, a team player and have experience in setting/operating machines such as; sanders, circular saws, band saws, mills and lathes.
Offered as a permanent contract, the role of Engineering Patternmaker offers market competitive salary and company benefits.
Engineering Patternmaker duties include:
- Maintenance of tools and equipment which includes cleaning and safe storage
- Constructing patterns and moulds from metal, wood and composite materials from drawings and CAD data
- Carrying out day to day production as required, in line with manufacturing instructions
- Reduce waste and ensure all waste materials are disposed of in accordance with company and legislative procedures
- Conducting quality assurance and safety checks on all tooling
- Working to tight tolerances and in process measurements
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Setting up and operating machines such as; sanders, circular saws, band saws, mills and lathes
- Quality control, working to customer specification
Skills and attributes required by successful candidate for the role Engineering Patternmaker
- Experience in jigs & fixtures – desirable
- Experience in CNC machining - desirable
- A real team player, with pride in one’s work and a desire for success
- Be adaptable, and be willing to go the extra mile to meet tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of composites, woodworking and metalwork
- Able to demonstrate high attention to detail
- Able to work effectively, both as part of a team and independently
- Able to work consistently to high standards of accuracy and quality
Hours of work: 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Thursday, 7:30am to 12:30pm Friday
Salary: £16 - £18 per hour x 37 hour week - negotiable dependent upon experience
Benefits: Pension, Overtime at time & third, Leisurebank (additional annual leave)
If you have the skills and experience to fulfil the role of Engineering Patternmaker, please APPLY TODAY!